- Design and implement state-of-the-art REST APIs while maintaining existing services.
- Own your code and related dependencies, and maintain CI/CD and cloud infrastructure using the infrastructure-as-code (IaC) practice.
- Write clean, readable, testable, and maintainable code that performs and scales.
- Advocate for best practices and coding standards.
- Inspired: You have a burning desire to do great things and to grow!
- Thoughtful: You have a healthy sense of self and how your life impacts the world around you.
- Skillful: You are dedicated to what you do. You love working on the edge of your comfort zone and embracing risk and failure head on.
- Unpretending: You are a healthy balance of confidence and humility! You understand that the more you know, the more you realize how much you do not know.
- Ambitious: You have big goals. You also understand that a thousand miles starts with one step. You plan, grow, prove, and achieve!
Do you also have these skills?
- Strong desire to become a great Backend Engineer
- Strong desire to communicate with people, understand people, and motivate people based on our Core Values and job requirements!
- Understand that growth is superbly hard because it requires us to face deficiencies head-on. Growth requires tremendous strength!
- Talented developer who can help us grow our product line.
- 5+ years experience hand-on backend experience (team lead experience is a plus)
- Knowledge and experience using various AWS services such as Lambda, DynamoDB, Kinesis, ECS, RDS.
- Knowledge and experience using automated pipelines (Terraform, travis, cloud formation, jenkins.
- Strong understanding of REST API standards and best practices.
- Experience with graph databases (Neo4J and ArrangoDB) is a plus.
- Highly self-motivated and have experience/interest in working in a start-up.
- Fluent in English.
- Work from abroad for up to 30 working days a year
- 27 days of vacation a year to start
- Relocation assistance available (work permit)
- Membership to gyms and sports clubs across Germany (Urban Sports Club)
- Fresh fruit and treats in the office, a barista coffee bar, and a variety of teas.
- Competitive Salary
- Development opportunities and ongoing training to help you reach your career goals
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German & summer & winter parties